Postcode service Magento 2
Table of contents
This guide describes the working of the Postcode service Magento 2 extension. The extension is created by TIG. This extension is targeted on the Dutch Magento 2 market, and only works when the customer checkout has Dutch selected as shipping and/or billing country.
With the help of this extension, your customers will be able to automatically fill in the Dutch street and city information, based on the postal code and house number that the customer provides.
Support, feedback & feature requests
For questions and/or comments about the extension you can get in touch with TIG using the following contact details.
Phone: +31 20–2181000
Postcode service contract
To make use of our extension it is required to have a postcodeservice contract. It is possible to conclude a contract from €10 a month. You can request all the required data at the following link. Please note that the page is in Dutch: https://tig.nl/postcode-service/magento-2/
In case you have any additional questions about signing up, feel free to get in touch with us.
This chapter describes the installation procedure for the Postcode service extension for a Magento 2 webshop in Developer mode and caching on, on a staging environment. The installation makes use of the package manager Composer.
We strongly advice to always create a backup of your environment before starting any installation steps of a new extension.
2.2 Getting your enviroment ready & download the required files
Log in with SSH on your server and navigate to the root of the Magento 2 installation.
Use the following commands to get your environment ready for installation.
- php bin/magento maintenance:enable
- composer require tig/postcode-magento2
2.3 Activate extension & install
Use the following commands.
it is important to stick with the same order of using the commands, as described below.
- php bin/magento module:enable TIG_Postcode
Empty the following folders (if they exist). Do not remove the folders, just empty them.
Flush your cache.
- php bin/magento cache:flush
Update your Magento 2.
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Deploy your static content for English:
- php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Deploy your static content for your own language, e.g.:
- php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy nl_NL
Your installation should be completed on your staging environment.
3. Using the extension
This chapter describes how to use the Postcode service Magento 2 extension.
2.1 Configure the extension
- Go to Stores->Configuration->Sales->Postcode Service (TIG).
- Open the Configuration tab.
- Change the Modus from "Off" to "Test" or "Live", depending wether you have a live account already or not. In case you do not have a live account and you want one, please contact email@example.com.
- Insert the Client ID and Api key (when you selected "Test" at the previous step, you can find test credentials below the fields).
- Save the configuration.
- Flush your cache.
2.2 Testing if the extension works
- Select a product and go to the checkout.
- Choose the Netherlands as a country to ship to. You will see the Street Address and City fields disappearing.
- Enter a postal code and a house number (for example, 1014 BA, 37).
- You'll see that the street address is filled with "Kabelweg" and the City with "Amsterdam".
- Repeat the above steps with the billing address after unchecking "My billing and shipping address are the same".
4. Technical system requirements
To run the Postcode service Magento 2 extension, it is required that your environment complies with the system requirements of Magento 2. You can find the requirements on http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/system-requirements.html.
|Knowledge base article footer postcodenl|